My name is Lilian and I am an Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by their code of conduct.
I strive to help individuals overcome the issues that hold them back and increase their control over their lives. I work with adult clients in my private practice.
To contact me directly:
T: 07561 743981
Counselling can be short or long-term therapy, according to what suits the client. I support people to explore whatever is troubling them at their own pace and in a safe environment. Therapy enables them to better understand their issues, make sense of what could be painful emotions and, ultimately, find relief from distress.
I believe the therapy process should be a collaboration between counsellor and client. I encourage clients to let me know what they find useful in order to achieve the client’s goals and move the process forward.
ISSUES I WORK WITH
I have experience working with clients with a range of emotional and behavioural issues. Some clients seek help after suffering a loss, others want to be able to cope with anxiety or depression. I have also worked with clients with:
- complex family relationships;
- low self-esteem;
- suffering from bullying;
- obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD); and
- work-related stress.
Working with people who have undergone painful experiences is an area I have received additional training. I help clients gain awareness and clarity about how trauma has impacted their lives and support them in finding ways to manage this.
MY WAY OF WORKING
I use an integrative approach. This means I have been trained in, and can use, different ways of working to meet each person’s unique needs. Looking at the past can be helpful, but at other times it can be useful to examine what is going on at the moment. In many cases a combination of both can assist in finding more effective coping strategies and move towards emotional growth.
Apart from working with private clients, I have practiced in different settings, including mental health charities, a GP surgery and schools.
Before becoming an accredited counsellor, I worked in the media for over a decade, so I fully understand the pressures of corporate life. In addition, as a former community mediator, I am well aware of the impact conflict can have on mental health.
I am fully bilingual so I work in both English and Spanish.
- BACP Accreditation in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- York St. John University Post-graduate Diploma in Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (QCF)
- OCNLR Level 3 Award in Understanding Mediation and Key Mediation Skills (QCF)
- Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Telehealth – Training for online and telephone counselling
- University of Essex PhD in Politics
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English
OTHER COURSES AND WORKSHOPS
- Working with Shame in the Therapy Room
- Impact of Early Trauma on Emotions and Behaviours
- Helping Children Cope with Trauma
- Neuroscience for Effective Clinical Practice and Applications of Polyvagal Theory
- Online Art Therapy – London Art Therapy Centre
- Successful Practice when Supporting Autistic Clients
Sessions are charged at £50 per 50 minute session.
Payments can be made by cash or bank transfer.
For more information please contact me directly on 07561 743981 or email email@example.com