My name is Andrew and I am a client-centred therapist offering counselling and psychotherapy for adults aged 18+.
I am an accredited member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) and a Chartered Psychologist.
To contact me directly:
T: 07931 233782
In addition to being an accredited counsellor I have over twenty years of teaching experience in higher education from introductory to PhD level which includes psychology and counselling courses. Prior to that I worked with young people experiencing emotional difficulties and mental health issues.
I have helped people with a range of issues such as loss and anxiety, and I have a particular interest in these areas:
- Crisis – Do you feel like you are at a crossroads in life or even that you are experiencing a ‘mid-life crisis’?
- Loss of identity or purpose – sometimes people can feel unsure of who they are; it may feel like change has crept up on you or you have been living your life for other people. You might not feel like your ‘old self’ and thoughts of the future may seem unclear or frightening.
- Feeling stuck – does your life feel stressful, unfulfilling or lacking in meaning? Or does it feel like you are going round in circles or running on a treadmill? Then you might feel like change is needed.
There are several approaches to counselling and psychotherapy that are effective and they can work in different ways. I choose to practise as a client-centred therapist. What does this mean? I listen so that you can speak about whatever you feel you need to, confident that everything you say is confidential; I will not judge you, disapprove or try to influence your decisions.
This approach to therapy can be highly effective in providing the conditions needed for dealing with personal difficulties, troublesome thoughts and feelings, relationship problems, personal growth and change. I do not tell you what to do or how to live your life. I offer therapy that can help you discover what matters most to you so you can decide such things for yourself.
- Diploma in Person Centred Counselling (NCS Accredited)
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Psychology
- PhD (Psychology)
- BA (Hons) (Psychology and Philosophy)
Sessions are charged at £55
I am able to offer flexibility when it comes to offering appoinment slots and offer early morning, evening or weekend appointments. This means I can accommodate those who have different work/shift patterns.
For more information or to book an initial appointment please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me directly on 07931 233782.