What is Neuro Linguistic Programming or NLP?
Neuro relates to the mind.
Linguistic is about language we use and self-talk.
Programming is how we use the data we store, actions and thoughts.
NLP teaches us to better understand the way our brain (neuro) processes the words we use (linguistic) and how that can impact on our past, present and future (programming).
NLP consists of a series of techniques for influencing the way we think and the results we achieve. It enables us to identify the thought processes, behaviour and language we use and how we can bring about a positive change in ourselves and others. It was developed in the 1970s by Richard Bandler and John Grinder.
Its aim is to review and improve outcomes from current thinking.
When we can change the way we think, we can change the way we feel and change the way we live our lives. A desire to change is all we need. Consequently, NLP strategies are now used to aid success in many areas including sports, business, personal change, performance enhancement.
NLP techniques can remove anxiety, improve your relationships and become more creative.
So do you answer “Yes” to any of these questions?
- Are you ‘plagued’ with the past?
- Are you stuck in a rut?
- Are you ‘existing’ and not ‘living’?
- Has your get up and go got up and gone?
- Are you afraid of change?
- Do your relationships often fail?
- Are the children overwhelming?
- Do you dread going to work?
- Are you struggling to care for a relative?
- Are stuck with a fear or phobia?
- Can you not figure out what is wrong?
- Do you need to talk to someone?
- Have you had counselling but want to try something else?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then why not give NLP a try.
What conditions can NLP help with?
- Bereavement and loss
- Obsessive behaviours and OCD
- Panic attacks
- Low self-esteem and lack of confidence
- Lack of assertiveness
- Unhappiness at work
- Unhappiness in a relationship
- Unhealthy eating and lifestyle
- Parenting issues
How can NLP help me?
NLP can offer a number of successful outcomes for clients that engage with this therapy:
- Reducing anxieties, fears and stress
- Eliminating phobias
- Achieving career goals and balancing career changes
- Enhancing presentations and performance
- Improving self-confidence and self-esteem
- Successful weight management
- Smoking cessation
- Life coaching
How can I find out more?